February 25, 2009
name of this chapter is the Marbury FFA chapter.
2: Purpose and Goals
I. Our purpose is to enhance other’s knowledge and involvement in agricultural pursuits.
· Our Goals are to teach agricultural fundamentals to students and further
their knowledge of opportunities that the FFA offers.
· The Marbury FFA chapter is a participant of a greater organization, The
National FFA Organization.
II. The Marbury chapter abides by and supports Marbury
High School policies, as well as state and federal laws.
attending Marbury High School,
grades 8-12, is eligible for membership. As a member, one is required to pay chapter, state, and national dues and work towards
the betterment of our organization.
of officers will be judged in three areas:
a member to become an officer, he/she must be in an Agriscience course and maintain a grade average of a “C” or
better. The term of office will be one semester. The first term elections should be held promptly after the beginning of the
school year. The second term elections should be held promptly after the start of the second semester.
· Preside over all meetings
· Represent the FFA in campus activities
· Ensure that the all chapter activities conform to the standards set forth
by Marbury High School
and the National FFA Organization
· Maintain communication with our advisor
· Preside over meetings in the absence of the president
· Schedule meetings/events with appropriate offices
· Maintain an accurate record of all Marbury FFA meetings
· Maintain a record of membership
· Maintain an accurate record of all monetary transactions
· Collect dues
· Assist in arranging fundraising opportunities
· Inform the school and/or the general public of chapter activities and events
· Handle all matters of publicity for the chapter
· Ensure that all students are welcomed and invited to FFA events
· Assist in maintain order during meetings
· Promote spiritual growth throughout the chapter
· Share information about parliamentary law when needed
· Guarantee that every member’s opinion will be voiced and the majority
· Maintain a record of chapter achievements
· Encourage and assist members in producing a chapter scrapbook
· Maintain communication and meet with officers regularly
· Decide upon financial expenditures
· Ensure that the Marbury FFA chapter is operating in conformity with the
standards set forth by Marbury High
School and the National FFA Organization
at any time an officer is found to be participating in any inappropriate behavior he/she may be removed by a two-thirds vote
of the remaining officers.
the event of this occurrence, the officer team should hold an interview to replace the removed officer before the next meeting.
finances should be handled by the treasurer and the advisor. However, the advisor should be the only person responsible for
withdraws and deposits.
of the Marbury FFA chapter are responsible for paying dues by the set deadline (both cost and deadline should be set by the
advisor and are subject to change.)
6: Amendments and Ratifications
to this constitution should only be made during a chapter meeting.